At Western International, our policy has always been “Safety First.” Whether we are participating in CGA policy development or creating original safeguard technologies, Western International is setting new standards for safety and compliance for its industry.
A dedicated safety department maintains our safe work environment and supervises the production of products in a manner that meets or exceeds stringent safety and performance standards.
In Our Facilities
The people of Western International have developed innovative technologies and implemented various measures to ensure safety at our facilities as well as those of our customers.
Our fill plants feature specialized deluge fire systems, developed by Western International engineers. In addition, Western uses customized software to monitor fill facilities from our Bellville, Texas location.
Customers benefit from trained, experienced in-house drivers. Western further protects the safety of customers by conducting in-depth site surveys to develop customized discharge stations at all customer locations.
Organizations and Accreditations
Western International Gas & Cylinders Inc., participates in a program called “OSHCON.” This program helps us assure that we are operating within the regulations of OSHA. This is a voluntary participation program and at no expense to the company requesting the inspection. Professional Inspectors that are certified by OSHA come into our facilities and do Safety and Health inspections. They check everything from the cleanliness of the workplace, safety guards in place, proper tools, PPE, policies and procedures as they relate to an employee’s work assignment and the facility work areas. They ask the employees questions about their work environment and safety policies of the company. There are many benefits to a program such as OSHCON.
- The employees are a part of the inspection and take pride in their work areas and knowledge of their job.
- It helps the employer be assured that regulatory requirements are being met within your facilities.
- If deficiencies are found, you agree upon a designated time in which to correct them. With OSHCON there are no fines assessed and OSHA does not get involved unless a severe hazard is not corrected that could endanger employees.
- This is a voluntary participation program at no cost to the employer.
- It helps us assure that our company is and truly remains a “SAFETY FIRST” organization.
At Western International, we are proud to participate in a variety of local and nationwide organizations committed to maintaining quality and excellence in our respective industry.
- Compressed Gas Association
- National Safety Council
- Local Emergency Planning
- National Fire Protection Association
- National Welding Supply Association