Innovation and Research
As the largest acetylene cylinder filler in the world, Western International is setting new standards for safety, service and automation for gas wholesalers by actively pursuing research in acetylene practices. Results of this research include:
- Restoring acetylene-cylinder capacity through high-purity low-moisture filling at minus 70◦ F dew point.
- Four to six hour fill cycle to put empty cylinders into full service a day sooner than with conventional techniques.
- Mechanized high-volume repair and requalification facilities place out of service cylinders back into service in less than a day.
- Volume manufacture helps control long-term cost through high-volume raw materials purchasing and lime co-product sales.
- Dedicated account management, duplicate equipment, and reserve capacity to ensure product delivery and premium service to our customers.